398: Brandi Doming on Delicious Vegan Meals.
Cooking with 8 ingredients or less.
Brandi is the creator of the popular blog The Vegan 8. She is also a mom, wife, and designer. Her blog was voted a Top 21 Vegan Blog of 2016 by the hugely popular vegan magazine, VegNews. She’s appeared regularly in Forks Over Knives magazine and was featured in the documentary Eating You Alive. She lives with her husband and daughter in Houston, Texas. Her new cookbook is The Vegan 8: 100 Simple, Delicious Recipes Made with 8 Ingredients or Less.
Don’t miss an episode!
Click here to sign up for podcast updates
In This Podcast:
After several years of contradictory and confusing medical advice, Brandi Doming was worn out trying to help her husband escape the pain of gout. As a new mom and a concerned wife, she sought out the next possible answer and found information on a plant-based vegan diet. This was the first one to give her husband some relief. She started blogging recipes and recently authored a cookbook designed to make vegan meals easy and delicious!
Listen in and learn about:
- Healing her husband’s gout by going plant-based vegan diet
- A little about what gout is
- Some of the confusing and contradictory medical advice they were getting
- Trying a plant-based vegan diet as a last hope
- Why she felt she needed to find answers for herself
- Starting her blog and sharing what she had been learning
- Sticking to 8 ingredients or less and using commonly found items
- Removing oil from the recipes
- Creating gluten free and other recipes that can address allergies
- The best chocolate cake recipe ever – and her non-vegan mother loves it!
- Her favorite recipes – a hard choice for her to make
- Her time-conscious aspect of the recipes design to help her readers plan
- Enjoying the variety in her diet
As well as:
- Her failure – Self-doubt and comparing herself to others, and believing in herself
- Her success – Becoming a mother is the most important thing, but finding a way to heal her husband
- Her drive – Knowing that she is helping people, getting positive feedback
- Her advice – Find what you are most passionate about and pursue it
Books written by Brandi:
Brandi’s Book recommendations:
How to reach Brandi:
This contest has been closed. All winners have been selected and books have been shipped. Thank you Brandi for providing these copies to our listening audience!
Note: You can also find these books mentioned above at one of our favorite local independent bookstores and have the satisfaction of knowing you are supporting a small business.
Some of the links in our podcast show notes and blog posts are affiliate links and if you go through them to make a purchase, we will earn a nominal commission at no cost to you. We offer links to items recommended by our podcast guests and guest writers as a service to our audience and these items are not selected because of the commission we receive from your purchases. We know the decision is yours, and whether you decide to buy something is completely up to you.