409: Tanya Batche on Delicious Low Sugar Treats.
Creating healthy, nutritious snacks.
Tanya is a Dietitian, certified in Adult Weight Management with over 25 years of experience helping patients and clients stay healthy. She has traveled most of the country as a Corporate Dietitian overseeing senior living and wellness programs in healthcare. She started baking as a little girl in Ohio, where she used to surprise her dad with treats (she hid) after he came from work.
Don’t miss an episode!
Click here to sign up for podcast updates
She decided to follow her passion by combining her love of baking and her knowledge of healthy nutritious foods and started her own company! She created Hunger-Bomb Cookies, healthy treats that are delicious and filling while satisfying your sweet tooth, without spiking your blood sugar! In addition to baking and selling her treats at farmers’ markets and online, Tanya also provides nutrition consultation to clients who want to live delicious and healthy lives.
In This Podcast:
Tanya Batche loved to bake but didn’t necessarily think of it as a career. Looking at the frightening trend of obesity and diabetes, she knew there must be a way to still enjoy, and allow others to enjoy her delicious endeavors. Tanya turned her love of baking into her life’s work, teaching us how to enjoy our treats but making them much healthier. Now you can enjoy her Hunger Bomb Cookies too. As well as making these healthy treats Tanya also helps private clients learn to become healthier too.
Listen in and learn about:
“Improving health through better nutrition one ingredient at a time”
- How she turned her interest in baking into career
- How nutrition knowledge and education came together in a perfect way for Tanya
- How to balance the increase in obesity and diabetes vs the love of baking
- Sugar and its negative health effects
- Her tips to managing eating out
- Learn about her health and nutrition philosophy and the interesting way she came up with it
- What a Hunger Bomb cookie is
As well as:
- Her failure – Pushing myself in a direction I wasn’t meant to go in, I took a job instead of starting my own company.
- Her success – Starting my own business and watching it grow
- Her drive – The feedback from my customers and their stories
- Her advice – Follow your heart, but take the time to know what makes you happy and passionate about and stay true to that. It’s simple, but simple is the best and most difficult to accomplish
Tanya’s Book recommendations:
How to reach Tanya:
Website: hungerbombcookies.com (Coming soon! Then look for her Farmers Market schedule here)
Check out Tanya’s recipe for Healthy Napa Nachos HERE (available on December 23rd)
To learn more about more about Growing Your Own Food
And to see the I’m an Urban Farmer line
Note: You can also find these books mentioned above at one of our favorite local independent bookstores and have the satisfaction of knowing you are supporting a small business.