566: Seed Saving Class October 2020
A chat with a seed expert.
In This Podcast:
At least ten times a year we have a live Seed Saving Class with Bill McDorman. This is the October 2020 class discussing gardening hacks, hybrid seeds, natural seed saving methods, and so much more about having fun making a mess in the garden.
Come join us for the next live class, or catch up on our previous classes through our podcast episodes. Either way you will expand your seed knowledge and gain new perspectives on your food system.
Register anytime for the next event.
Register Here for the Monthly Seed Saving Class with Live Q&A
Bill McDorman is Executive Director of Rocky Mountain Seed Alliance, Ketchum, Idaho. He got his start in the bio-regional seed movement while in college in 1979 when he helped start Garden City Seeds. In 1984, Bill started Seeds Trust/High Altitude Gardens, a mail order seed company he ran successfully until it sold in 2013.
Listen in for more about Seeds! Seed Saving! Seed Storing!
– How to manage a “messy” garden
– Why getting seeds from catalogues is not necessary
– Why does seed saving differ from region to region
– Where do seedless watermelons come from
– Hybrid versus open pollinated
– How to tell when there is diversity in seeds