Garlic and Herb Focaccia
(Best with fresh pressed olive oil)
Submitted by Guest blogger: Ron Mantini
Listen to his podcast HERE:
- Pizza Dough (pre bought is fine, use enough for 2 large pizzas combined into 1 piece of dough. Otherwise a Homemade Pizza Dough recipe is below)
- 1/4 cub fresh olive oil (fresh pressed is best!)
- 1-2 cloves Garlic
- Chopped fresh herbs (rosemary, oregano, basil, or parsley. Rosemary preferred, but whatever is fresh on hand works well)
- Sea Salt
Homemade Pizza Dough Recipe
- 1lb 00 Italian Pizza Dough Flour (Caputo or Pivetti are fairly easy to find)
- 10-12 oz water (cold)
- 1/2 tsp Yeast
- 2 tsp Sea Salt
- Rectangular baking sheet with edges.
About this author:
Ron was born and raised in Lorain Ohio, 30 miles west of Cleveland on the shores of Lake Erie. He moved to Chandler, Arizona in 2000 after graduating from the Ohio State University to work for Intel Corporation, which he still does until this day. He is married with 4 children between the ages of 8-13. With several olive trees at his home, Ron taught himself how to make olive oil from scratch.
How To Reach Ron:
Some of the links in our podcast show notes and blog posts are affiliate links and if you go through them to make a purchase, we will earn a nominal commission at no cost to you. We offer links to items recommended by our podcast guests and guest writers as a service to our audience and these items are not selected because of the commission we receive from your purchases. We know the decision is yours, and whether you decide to buy something is completely up to you.