213: Nikki Golly on Nutrition and Wellness.
Recognizing the highly important nutrients that might be missing from our foods.
– – – –
Nikki is a micronutrient coach on a mission to help people experience the healthiest and happiest version of themselves. She graduated with highest honors with a degree in nutrition from Arizona State University. She worked for 8 years in a vitamin store in Phoenix where she gained her vast knowledge of supplements.
Fuel Your Body is a coaching program, as well as, a series of products to help you reach your health goals. Everything you eat makes a difference in how you feel. Your immune system starts in your gut and the foods you eat affect your whole body, from the bottoms of your feet to the top of your head. Through her simple tips, recipes and how to videos, she empowers others to reach their goals.
In This Podcast:
We get to meet Nikki Golly who’s focus on micro nutrients gives her a detailed perspective on the essentials of good nutrition. Her chat with Greg is a chance to break down the descriptions of some important food terms in today’s vocabulary and bring to light some very key details on the tiniest, but very powerful ingredients.
Listen in and learn about:
- The day she walked into a nutrition store that directed her into the world of selling supplements
- How and why she transitioned to nutrition and becoming a micro-nutrient coach
- Why micro nutrients are necessary
- Why foods from the stores, even fresh foods, are not giving the nutrients that we need
- How our soils changed after WWII
- The definition of ‘foodstuffs’ and her surprise when she found out about it
- Her definition of real food and the difference between – is a plant, from a plant, and in a plant
- Phyto-nutrients and phyto-chemicals, where they come from and how we are just starting to learn how important they are
- Local and in-season foods and how they can provide so much more nutrition
- Why she loves the Tower Garden as a small space gardening option that help provide more nutrients
- The most important supplements that she recommends
- Her coaching program that she offers
As well as:
- Her failure – not finding a mentor to emulate, and not being able to get her message out
- Her success – moving forward and not being stopped be not being perfect
- Her drive – how we are the first generation where our children are dying sooner than their parents
- Her advice – you are what you eat
Nikki’s Book recommendations:
Alkalize or Die: Superior Health Through Proper Alkaline-Acid Balance by Dr. Theodore Baroody
Anatomy of the Spirit: The Seven Stages of Power and Healing by Caroline Myss, Ph.D.
How to reach Nikki: