474: Amy Lacey on Cooking with Cauliflower.
Taking an everyday vegetable to the table in delicious new ways.
In This Podcast:
After Amy Lacey’s health took a downturn and she wanted to bring some normalcy back to her family’s routine, she tried a recipe for a vegetable she did not really like. Little did she know how a bland vegetable could make such a difference for so many people. Combine that with her passion for doing good things and paying it forward, and she is truly making a delicious impact in the world.
Amy is the author of Cali’flour Kitchen: 125 Cauliflower-Based Recipes for the Carbs You Crave. She is the co-founder and CEO of Cali’flour Foods, and her Cali’flour products have been featured in Food & Beverage Magazine, GQ, and OK! Magazine. They were also named one of “Whoopi’s Favorite Things” on The View; and won Clean Eating magazine’s Clean Choice Award two years in a row.
Listen in and learn about:
- The impetus to start this product and the company was to help feed her family while dealing with auto-immune
- The love of pizza and family fun night
- Not liking cauliflower to start, but noticing something after she started eating it
- Moving her pizza product to the farmers market and the increasing demand
- Amazing stories from people who love her product
- From Farmers Market to being in 10,000 stores in such a short time
- The ingredients in their products
- How the name CaliFlour comes from the farms that grow for her
- Getting feedback from her customers and creating the cookbook
- The benefits of working with a bland vegetable
- How pictures help her with her cooking
- Her favorite recipes are numerous
- Tips on how to make cauliflower ready for these recipes
- Brainfog and autoimmune symptoms and some results with low-carb diets
- A special story early in the creation of the business with Gavin a young man with a brain tumor
- The five P’s – Passion, perseverance, people, paying it forward, product
- An amazing Grocery Bag that supports women in Bangladesh, and some of the other organizations that they support
As well as:
- Her failure – Doubting herself and hiring a CEO to run her company and finding their values clashed
- Her success – Paying it forward
- Her drive – Conquering her fears
- Her advice – Have big goals! Create a habit that lives in gratitude
Book by Amy
Amy’s Book recommendations:
How to reach Amy:
Instagram: Hey Amy Lacey
Products in grocery stores nationwide. If it’s not in your store, ask your manager!
We are collecting responses and will advise all winners when we have received 50 responses or within the next 45 days which ever comes first. We say “Thank You” to Amy and Abrams Publishing for this offer.
Special thanks to our sponsor:gemplers.com/urbanfarm
(use code URBANFARM01 to save!!)
To learn more about Growing Your Own Food