412: William Bruneau on the Genus Sida.
Growing an herbal antibiotic.
In 1982, Bill and his wife started Bountiful Gardens Seeds, which is part of the small non-profit Ecology Action of the Mid-peninsula. Ecology Action is an organization that has been diligently working to save the world’s soil for the last 45 years, refining and promoting a bio-intensive farming method that actually creates soil while being very productive.
Don’t miss an episode!
Click here to sign up for podcast updates
While Bill is an herbal hobbyist, Medicinal herbs and preventative medicine have been at the core of his family’s health for at least 50 years and when he discovers one that is as good as Sida appeared to be, he wanted to know everything about it. A scientist at heart, he did intensive research into the known benefits of Sida for over a year, seeking out peer-reviewed research on Sida, and in particular studies on Sida acuta. The results have exceeded his wildest expectations.
In This Podcast:
Bill Bruneau suffered from what eventually was diagnosed as a leaky gut caused by using pharmaceutical antibiotics. Knowing that plants had medicinal powers he searched out which ones were natural antibiotics and came upon limited but intriguing information on the genus Sida. He waited for someone to write a book about this super-weed and when no one did, Bill knew he had to do it. Listen as Bill lists just a few of the many illnesses he uses Sida to treat or prevent.
Listen in and learn about:
“If you can grow tomatoes you can grow this plant.”
- Sida is widely used in Ayurvedic medicine
- The many health benefits of Sida acuta
- What parts of the plant are beneficial
- Why Bill started growing Sida Acuta and why he thinks you should too
As well as:
- His failure – Leaving an early personal computer sales business to join a partnership for sending side-band radio messages. That business didn’t go anywhere.
- His success – His son-raising him on his own until the boy was five.
- His drive – Serving mankind. He’s always worked for a cause.
- His advice – Take your vitamins daily and take three times the recommendation
Books written by Bill :
Bill’s Book recommendations:
How to reach Bill:
To learn more about more about Growing Your Own Food
And to see the I’m an Urban Farmer line
Note: You can also find these books mentioned above at one of our favorite local independent bookstores and have the satisfaction of knowing you are supporting a small business.