Bonus Episode 6:
Ask Jake and Greg.
An August 2017 Q&A session with two experts on Gardening and Fruit Trees.
In This BONUS Podcast:
Jake Mace the Vegan Athlete and Greg Peterson of The Urban Farm are both gardening educators offering classes, podcasts, and videos on a large variety of gardening topics. Every month they get together for a monthly gardening chat to discuss what is going on in their gardens and answer your questions. To dive in, get more information, and send us your questions visit AskJakeandGreg.com – so let’s get on with the show… This is the August 2017 Q&A episode with a variety of questions addressed from planning for planting, building healthy soil, and much more.
- Guava trees and bushes – how to prune
- Getting wood chips to break down
- Learning from going into the forest
- Sudden fruit tree demise
- Organic remedies for ants
- Cover Crops
- Drip systems on Fruit Trees
- Protecting trees from harsh weather
- Percolating issues in the soil
- Watering for sweet potatoes and squash
Jake’s parting thought:
A Challenge to listeners: Ten days – one meal – 100% from your garden!
– Let us know if you did this!!
Greg’s parting thought:
on’t get stressed if you’re overwhelmed,
Just start simple with things like herbs or a Tower Garden