218: Nafsika Antypas on Living a Plant-Based Life.
Understanding the reasons and options for choosing a vegan lifestyle.
– – – –
Nafsika is the Host and Creator of the world’s first plant based lifestyle TV series that focuses on a plant-based diet living. She has studied about olive oil and the Mediterranean diet in Greece through her father’s business, Pilaros Inc, a Mediterranean food importer, where she has been involved for over twenty years. She created the TV show, Plant-Based by Nafsika which aired nationally in 2016, to change the world through food. This has not only sparked the interest of viewers around the globe but has planted some seeds helping veganism become more “mainstream,”
In 2015, she founded, The Struggling Vegan, which helps people transition to a plant-based/vegan lifestyle while strengthening the community in a public forum called, Veg Room. The organization offers daily menu plans, recipes, health tips and direct messaging to plant-based doctors and coaches.
Nafsika spends her spare time with her family, which includes her two young boys. She and her husband both cook plant-based meals at home and she’ll educate just about anyone who would listen about why it’s healthier to switch to a plant-based diet and why veganism is not just a diet but a way of life.
In This Podcast:
Greg talks to television host Nafsika Antypas about living a plant-based life and how she was inspired to start her own television show all about living a vegan lifestyle. She helps explain some of the core beliefs behind veganism as well as some of the basics of living a cruelty-free way of life.
Listen in and learn about:
- Why she started her plant-based lifestyle TV show when there was no other vegan lifestyle shows
- Her work to dispel myths around vegan diets
- He covers food, clothing, beauty products, etc.
- The definition of a vegan and how the philosophy carries through to a multitude of products
- Why avoiding cruelty to animals is the key element for vegans
- Once enlightened, there are new challenges for vegans
- The resources that her members can get access
- The low-cost membership that is designed to help in many ways
- How she went vegan overnight after watching Vegetated on Netflix
- How she easily made vegan cheese and her goal to teach others similar skills
- Her plans for season two
As well as:
- Her lesson learned – Not to be nice, and to ask for sponsorships
- Her success – Starting her how Plant-based by Nafsika – a show all about the vegan lifestyle
- Her drive – To make the world a better and more compassionate place, especially for her children
- Her advice – To start reading up on Plant-based lifestyle and veganism, and please watch her show which airs July 26th on FYI
Nafsika’s Book recommendations:
Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
How to reach Nafsika:
Youtube: Plant based by Nafsika
Non-profit People Against Violence Org: 888-310-3599
Some of the links in our podcast show notes and blog posts are affiliate links and if you go through them to make a purchase, we will earn a nominal commission at no cost to you. We offer links to items recommended by our podcast guests and guest writers as a service to our audience and these items are not selected because of the commission we receive from your purchases. We know the decision is yours, and whether you decide to buy something is completely up to you.