Chat with a Permaculture Expert.
– – – –
Don grew up in London and at age 16 spent 4 years being trained in horticulture through an apprenticeship and a college course. From there he continued landscaping in his hometown until he moved to Arizona in 1981, where he worked in landscaping and then starting his own business in garden maintenance.
In 2003 he attended a Permaculture Design Course, which was life-changing for Don. He knew right away that this was the path he’d been waiting for, and later attended two Permaculture Teacher Trainings.
He co-founded the Phoenix Permaculture Guild, started a Permaculture design company, redesigned his home site into a permaculture design destination, and helped develop a thriving permaculture community in the Phoenix, Arizona area. He has presented in 5 cities, worked in several states, attended classes in 5 states, and pretty much lives and breathes permaculture.
In This Podcast: Greg chats with Permaculture expert Don Titmus who has been teaching permaculture techniques for for more than a decade and working in landscape design for more than three decades. They talk about what Permaculture is, a synopsis of the key elements of Permaculture Design Course education and how it can change your perspectives on the world around you.
In this Chat Podcast:
- Don’s definition of Permaculture
- How to find a Permaculture Design Course near you
- What the term “structure” means in permaculture discussions
- How to determine the invisible structures that apply to a piece of land
- The next step in permaculture design with analysis
- How value is so important especially when applying it to yourself
- How buying local is important
- Care of the future – what this means in design planning
- The thought processes behind his decision to change to a metal roof
- What a guild is and how that is so important
- What grey-water is and how to collect storm waters for street trees
- Don’s current water harvesting at his own property
- French Drains and French Pipes