729: What Is Permaculture.
A Garden Chat with Janis and Greg.
On the last Tuesday every month we host The Urban Farm Garden Chats where Greg Peterson has a relaxed conversation in a Zoom room with a special guest to cover useful gardening topics, and they answer questions from the live listening audience. To join us for the next event, go to www.GardenChat.org or
Click HERE to register for the Monthly Garden Chat with Live Q&A
In This Garden Chat:
Join Janis and Greg as they discuss what is permaculture and how can we begin to integrate it into our lives. They start with a discussion of the definition of permaculture then dive into the 8 principles that are used in the Phoenix Permaculture Design Course or PDC.
- Elements must have many functions.
- Work with nature rather than against nature
- The problem is a solution.
- Think outside or beyond the box.
- Make the least change for the greatest possible effort.
- The yield of the system is potentially unlimited.
- The web effect, everything has an impact and information and imagination. Intensive thinking, set no limits.
Some of the links in our podcast show notes and blog posts are affiliate links and if you go through them to make a purchase, we will earn a nominal commission at no cost to you. We offer links to items recommended by our podcast guests and guest writers as a service to our audience and these items are not selected because of the commission we receive from your purchases. We know the decision is yours, and whether you decide to buy something is completely up to you.