by Chef Jennifer Johnson
listen to her podcast HERE
- 26-32 Large Green Shrimp peeled and de-veined
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Red Onion
- 4 Cloves Garlic Minced
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp Ancho Chili powder
- 1/2 Cup Dry White Wine Salt/Pepper
- 1 C Greek Yogurt
- 2 Tbsp Ancho chili
- 2 Cups Purple Cabbage sliced thin
- Queso Fresco
- Corn tortillas
- Sauté in large hot skillet or wok: olive oil,Salt/Pepper, onion and garlic for 2 minutes
- Turn down to medium heat – add shrimp and ancho chili
- Once the shrimp turn pink add the white wine and sauté until liquid evaporates
- Taste and see if you would like spicier – if so add some more ancho chili 1/2 Tbsp at a time.
- Grill tortillas on open low flame flipping until some brown spots
- Mix ancho chili into the Greek Yogurt
- Spread thin coat of Greek Yogurt on tortilla
- Add shrimp 2-3
- pinch of Queso Fresco
- 2 pinches of Cilantro
- Chives or red onion, chopped
- Tomatoes, chopped
- Jalapeños, chopped
About This Author:
Jennifer became a Chef 23 years ago after her son told her he hated her cooking in a Mother’s Day Card. At the time she managed seven manufacturing facilities around the world in Corporate America; now she is a full-time Eco Conscious Organic Chef with a passion to help people learn that health is wealth and it is not limited to those who can afford it.
She uses distinct ingredients, organically grown, and cleanly made in all aspects of her business: catering, meal plans, food prep, cooking and food education. Chef Jennifer’s style of cooking is a French and Italian Fusion influence on American Food, using her international training to make quick nutritious meals. She will tell you Good Nutritious Food empowers you to have your best day!
Chef Jen’s catering business is Witnessing Nature with a motto of “While I cannot control everything. I do have control over what I put In and On my body and in my home.”
Some of the links in our podcast show notes and blog posts are affiliate links and if you go through them to make a purchase, we will earn a nominal commission at no cost to you. We offer links to items recommended by our podcast guests and guest writers as a service to our audience and these items are not selected because of the commission we receive from your purchases. We know the decision is yours, and whether you decide to buy something is completely up to you.