709: Kathryn Wilking on Feng Shui in Our Spaces.
Balancing the energies around us to create sanctuaries that we love.
In This Podcast:
Greg chats with Kathryn Wilking to discover how feng shui concepts can be used in our home and gardens to enhance and beautify our spaces. She introduces three core concepts of this practice that she uses to help people and discusses the five earth elements giving us examples on how to bring the energies in for positive results. Finding balance in our spaces is key to boosting our productivity.
Since 2012, Kathryn has been working exclusively as a Feng Shui Coach helping homeowners and businesses take charge of their space and learn to thrive, not just survive! Author of Practical Feng Shui For the Office, and host of the podcast “Feng Shui Your Day!” she teaches that Feng Shui is easy and practical while helping us create function & flow, boost productivity, and find the work-life balance.
Listen in and learn about:
- Her story of how her second marriage to a widow and their blending of families created a challenge and she reached out to a Feng Shui consultant for assistance
- Allowing for public and private space with all the new stuff entering her home
- Her definition of Feng Shui –
- It works with the function and flow.
- Gathering supports
- Spiritual level of things you can’t see
- Some examples of cryptic messages
- How to look at chi energy in the garden using the five earth energies
- Fire, wood life, earth, metal, and water
- Bringing the seasons into the energies and how the elements relate
- Bringing the elements into our personal lives
- Recognizing our personal elements by taking a quiz at her website
- Using the colors of our energies to add energies
- Using the ripple effect in the garden and using curves to enhance the space
- Some tips on how to mix elements and why combining the darker and lighter colors works to add joy
- Working with clutter and clearing distractions
- Special offer – a 4 page PDF called 10 ways to Raise Chi-Energy, available on her website
As well as:
Her failure – The failure of her first marriage and leaving with a baby and $500
Her success – Finding Feng Shui and jumping in, and then convincing her engineer husband the why and the how of what she was doing
Her drive – Her message to help others
Her advice – Stay positive and optimistic, check our words before we speak, and allow grace for others, and finally lift your energy by just a little bit and you’ll be able to do good in the world.
Kathryn’s Book recommendations:
Secrets of the Land by Shelly Sparks
Nature Speaks by Ted Andrews
How to reach Kathryn:
Linked in: Kathryn Wilking
Spotify: Podcast: Feng Shui Your Day, Short link: https://buff.ly/3cdJS9B
Some of the links in our podcast show notes and blog posts are affiliate links and if you go through them to make a purchase, we will earn a nominal commission at no cost to you. We offer links to items recommended by our podcast guests and guest writers as a service to our audience and these items are not selected because of the commission we receive from your purchases. We know the decision is yours, and whether you decide to buy something is completely up to you.