Bonus Episode 10:
Ask Jake and Greg.
A September 2017 Q&A session with two experts on Gardening and Fruit Trees.
In This BONUS Podcast:
Jake Mace the Vegan Athlete and Greg Peterson of The Urban Farm are both gardening educators offering classes, podcasts, and videos on a large variety of gardening topics. Every month they get together for a monthly gardening chat to discuss what is going on in their gardens and answer your questions. To dive in, get more information, and send us your questions visit AskJakeandGreg.com – so let’s get on with the show… This is the September 2017 Q&A episode with a variety of questions addressed from prepping tree holes, garden bed soil layers, and much more.
- What Jake is planting this Fall with the high temps of Phoenix
- How they are staying focused on their gardening
- How to be a successful gardener – 1) get out into nature!!!
- The importance of heirloom and organic seeds
- Food forests, and the different important layers
- How to be a successful gardener – 2) eat healthy food!!
- The difference between Urban Gardening and Urban Farming
- The surprise that 5 year old Jude found on The Urban Farm
- Growing Papayas in the desert
- Getting soil ready for trees
- Phone consults with Greg Peterson
- Why Jake and Greg do not do home visits
- Soil delivery in the Phoenix Valley
- Creating raised garden beds with different soil layers
- The new Farmer Greg’s Planting Mix
- Why some first year gardeners get frustrated
- Growing keys: Location, soil & mulch
- Fall tours at Longevity Gardens & The Urban Farm
- Seeds: Great American Seed up & Seed Bank Box