Bonus Episode 10:
Ask Jake and Greg.
A Q&A session with two experts on Gardening and Fruit Trees.
In This BONUS Podcast:
Jake Mace the Vegan Athlete and Greg Peterson of The Urban Farm are both gardening educators offering classes, podcasts, and videos on a large variety of gardening topics. Every month they get together for a monthly gardening chat to discuss what is going on in their gardens and answer your questions. So let’s get on with the show… This is the September 2017 Q&A episode with a variety of questions addressed from prepping tree holes, garden bed soil layers, and much more.
– What Jake is planting this Fall with the high temps of Phoenix
– How they are staying focused on their gardening
– How to be a successful gardener – Step 1: Get out into nature!!!
– The importance of heirloom and organic seeds
– Food forests, and the different important layers
– How to be a successful gardener – Step 2: Eat healthy food!!
– The difference between Urban Gardening and Urban Farming
– The surprise that 5 year old Jude found on The Urban Farm
– Growing Papayas in the desert
– Getting soil ready for trees
– Phone consults with Greg Peterson
– Why Jake and Greg do not do home visits
– Soil delivery in the Phoenix Valley
– Creating raised garden beds with different soil layers
– The new Farmer Greg’s Planting Mix
– Why some first year gardeners get frustrated
– Growing keys: Location, soil & mulch
– Fall tours at Longevity Gardens & The Urban Farm
– Seeds: Great American Seed up & Seed Bank Box