140: Dr. Jack Wolfson on the Paleo Diet.
Improving health by eating natural foods and eliminating pollutants.
– – – –
Jack Wolfson D.O., F.A.C.C., is a board certified cardiologist who uses nutrition and supplements to prevent and treat disease. After ten years performing angiograms, pacemakers, and other cardiac procedures, Dr. Wolfson started Wolfson Integrative Cardiology in 2012 to offer patients the ultimate in holistic heart care.
Raised in Chicago, he attended Midwestern University for his D.O. degree and completed a 3 year Internal Medicine residency and 3 year cardiology fellowship. He was selected as the chief fellow of his class. Together with his wife, Dr. Heather Wolfson DC, they are The Drs. Wolfson. Their website TheDrsWolfson.com is an excellent resource for holistic health and lifestyle information. The Wolfsons have two beautiful boys who were born at home, nursed for over 3 years, and they are still co-sleeping.
In This Podcast:
Greg chats with Dr. Jack about the paleo diet and how it affects heart health. Dr. Jack shares why he changed the way he practices cardiology and what he has learned about eating natural foods. He explains more about how important it is to remove pollutants, improve nutrition, and even how eliminating gluten can make a difference in 24 hours. Greg asks many of the questions that come up when you are learning about the paleo diet and Dr. Jack helps make it a lot easier to understand why it works.
Listen in to Learn About:
- How Jack followed in his father’s footsteps
- His training and education
- How he got tired of having patients that were not getting better or they were coming back with the same problems
- What Board Certified means
- Why he decided to write a book on how to prevent and treat heart disease
- His change from a typical cardiologist to a holistic cardiologist
- Why he feels there are people who want to hear his message
- How his colleagues responded
- What the paleo diet is and how it compares to the current typical diet
- How the paleo diet affects the heart and health
- How removing gluten from the diet can make a difference in 24 hours
- The two causes to all disease – nutrition and pollutants
- Two other important things affecting health – sleep and stress
- His message on soda and what options he recommends
- Heavy metals – what they are, how they harm the body and how to detoxify the body
- Glutathione what it does and how to get it naturally
- How the time changes of day light savings affects our hearts
- Supplements like beet powder and why they are needed if we are eating naturally
- How herbs and spices are important to our health
- Capers and what they offer
- How plastic is linked to cardio vascular disease
- Why activity is so important and how that relates to working in the yard
As well as:
- How he feels that when you do the right thing you will be rewarded
- Why he credits his wife for changing his life and saving his life
- How the next generation drives him to make a difference
- His advice to listeners is to get sunshine
Book written by Dr. Jack:
The Paleo Cardiologist is the first book by Dr. Wolfson.
Dr. Jack’s Recommended Book:
Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand
How to reach Dr. Jack:
Go to http://shop.thedrswolfson.com and use “Urban Farm” as a discount code and receive a 15% discount on your order.
Some of the links in our podcast show notes and blog posts are affiliate links and if you go through them to make a purchase, we will earn a nominal commission at no cost to you. We offer links to items recommended by our podcast guests and guest writers as a service to our audience and these items are not selected because of the commission we receive from your purchases. We know the decision is yours, and whether you decide to buy something is completely up to you.