The “Go-To Fancy Salad”
by Guest blogger: Eric Courage
Honest Margin LLC
This is a simple and easy to follow recipe that you will love to try and will likely become a staple in your house – especially if you are using the fresh greens from your own garden and can take advantage of that amazing flavor difference. Enjoy Eric’s recipe here:
- Kale – Take it easy.
We’re going to massage in dressing to loose it up, so loosen up, alright?
- Pecorino Romano – This is my favorite Italian cheese for everything. Small holes on the grater.
More cheese than you’d admit to a close friend.
- A little salt, and a little fresh cracked black pepper – Don’t go crazy on the salt. Just a touch.
- Extra virgin olive oil, lemon, and fresh pressed garlic –
This is the important mix to get right.
Don’t be scared to add a fair amount of olive oil.
Putting it together:
- Massage the olive oil into the kale well, next add fresh squeezed lemon, and a little fresh pressed garlic.
Easy on the garlic.
We aren’t trying to warn off vampires.
- Top with shredded cheese and salt
How to reach Eric:
You can send an email to Eric through us at: Janis@urbanfarm.org