The “Go-To Fancy Salad”
by Guest blogger: Eric Courage
Honest Margin LLC
This is a simple and easy to follow recipe that you will love to try and will likely become a staple in your house – especially if you are using the fresh greens from your own garden and can take advantage of that amazing flavor difference. Enjoy Eric’s recipe here:
- Kale – Take it easy.
We’re going to massage in dressing to loose it up, so loosen up, alright?
- Pecorino Romano – This is my favorite Italian cheese for everything. Small holes on the grater.
More cheese than you’d admit to a close friend.
- A little salt, and a little fresh cracked black pepper – Don’t go crazy on the salt. Just a touch.
- Extra virgin olive oil, lemon, and fresh pressed garlic –
This is the important mix to get right.
Don’t be scared to add a fair amount of olive oil.
Putting it together:
- Massage the olive oil into the kale well, next add fresh squeezed lemon, and a little fresh pressed garlic.
Easy on the garlic.
We aren’t trying to warn off vampires.
- Top with shredded cheese and salt
How to reach Eric:
You can send an email to Eric through us at: Janis@urbanfarm.org
Some of the links in our podcast show notes and blog posts are affiliate links and if you go through them to make a purchase, we will earn a nominal commission at no cost to you. We offer links to items recommended by our podcast guests and guest writers as a service to our audience and these items are not selected because of the commission we receive from your purchases. We know the decision is yours, and whether you decide to buy something is completely up to you.