221: Ocean Robbins on The Food Revolution Summit.
Finding a path of health, hope, and possibility through better food choices.
– – – –
At 15, Ocean was a co-founder of the Creating Our Future environmental speaking tour, on which he and three other participants spoke in person to more than 30,000 students, presented for 2,000 people at the United Nations, and opened for the Jerry Garcia band in San Francisco.
In 1990 at age 16, Ocean founded YES!, an organization he directed for the next 20 years with the goal of connecting, inspiring and mobilizing visionary young leaders worldwide. He has since spoken to hundreds of thousands of people, led hundreds of retreats, workshops and Jams for leaders in over 65 nations, written books, mentored (and learned from) changemakers, and been a creative partner and lead editor for several bestsellers.
In 2012 Ocean founded the Food Revolution Network, which now has more than 350,000 members working for healthy, sustainable, humane and delicious food. He currently serves as adjunct professor in the Peace Studies department at Chapman University. Ocean has personally spoken and facilitated leadership gatherings in Jordan, Israel/Palestine, Singapore, Costa Rica, Russia, Finland, Canada, the Netherlands, India, Peru, and across the USA.
All this and he is also an active and proud father of special needs twins, a lover of life, and a human being who is trying to live in a good way on this earth.
Listen in and learn about:
- The huge multinational summit working towards a food revolution
- A breakdown of what he sees as Food 1.0, 2.0 and the need for a Food 3.0
- The current food situation and the key factors that control the way food is available now
- The goals of the event and what type of people are going to be participating
- His family story with the founding of Baskin Robbins and how that led him to what he is doing now
- Why his father walked away from a privileged life and chose a different path
- Some of the reasons that fuel his need to make a difference in the culture of food in America and beyond
- The estimate of 300,000 people that will participate in the summit and what that indicates
- A taste of some of the topics that will be addressed in the summit
- How most cancers, heart disease and probably even Alzheimer’s are directly influenced by diet, lifestyle and environment factors
- How a fun lifestyle can improve your health
- His message on how important good water is for health
- How the Food Revolution Summit is set up and what to expect
Where to sign up for the free registration
How to reach Ocean: