118: Laura Plumb on Natural Foods for Better Health.
An Auryvedic lesson on the importance of proper, natural foods for our health.
– – – –
Laura is a master teacher in numerous fields of the ancient science of life that arises from the Vedas and brings us Yoga, Ayurveda and Jyotish…time-tested and evidence-based pathways to healing, wholeness and higher self-actualization.
Working for years in the fields of health and human potential for decades, Laura is a Vedic Healer, Ayurvedic Consultant, Yoga Teacher, Jyotish Master, Life Coach, and well-followed blogger on Ayurvedic Nutrition. She has studied the world over with some of the greatest luminaries of our time, practicing and sharing what she has learned from ancient, proven wisdom for modern, exciting times.
Offering classes and consultations in Ayurveda, Jyotish, Yoga Therapy, Whole Food Cooking and Nutrition, and life coaching, a session with Laura can address health issues, chronic pain, emotional balance, stress reduction, yogic living, spiritual growth, self-realization. Her blog food-alovestory.com is an inspirational resource for sacred, sumptuous living.
IN THIS PODCAST: Laura and Greg share some mutual respect and appreciation as they discuss how important our place is in the world. Laura shares her appreciation for the food and medicines that we can grow in our own gardens, and helps make the connection of nature and our bodies. We also get an easy to understand explanation of Ayurveda. She teaches us about food suggestions for different Doshas and how we can plan for our health with the foods that we eat.
Listen in and learn about:
- Why Laura is so appreciative of Greg for everything he is doing
- A basic concept of Ayurveda and how the world is working to support us
- What Ayurveda means and what it is
- What the difference is between Ayurveda and other styles of medicine
- What is the connection with food and Ayurveda
- The six tastes of food, the five basic elements of life
- And how these connect in different types of foods
- Why dark leafy greens are needed more by adults and not as much by kids
- Her explanations of the three primary constitutions – the Doshas: Vata, Pitta, and Kapha and how that affects how our bodies work
- Why it is important to ‘eat in season’ and why nature is providing the right foods at the right time
As well as:
- Why she thinks the most exalted experience of living is purpose
- What her purpose is in this life
- What her advice is to listeners
Laura’s favorite Book:
How to get in touch with Laura:
Her blog: Food-alovestory.com