585: Eddy Badrina on Growing vertically in greenhouses.
Transforming industrial agriculture.
In This Podcast:
Exploring the future of farming, we chat with Eddy Badrina about a new technology that can be a viable solution for creating a regenerative food system. Eddy shares his concerns on the impacts traditional farming has on the environment and how the greenhouse technology at Eden Green can shrink down 35 acres of farming into just over an acre. Receiving international attention, he says that vertical farming could be the answer to providing local, healthy foods at commercial levels.
Don’t Miss an Episode!!
Click HERE to sign up for regular podcast updates
Eddy is a graduate of Texas A&M University, and the Bush School for Government and Public Service. He has had mission-critical roles at the US Department of State, executive leadership at a White House Initiative, and director level positions at two successful startups. And, he is CEO of Eden Green Technology, a vertical farming technology company dedicated to changing the way we farm our food and feed our communities.
Listen in and learn about:
- Eddy’s career transition from politics in Washington D.C. to vertical farming in Texas
- What is Eden Green Technology
- How does vertical farming technology create an advantage to traditional farming
- Why is vertical farming a potential solution for the future
- What makes Eden Green’s business model more profitable
- How does this technology improve food safety
- The importance of having a shorter supply chain
- What varieties of produce is Eden Green currently growing
- How does this technology have an international advantage
- What is the process for ensuring plants have optimal absorption of nutrients
As well as:
His failure – Taking on a large company as a client that caused the business to lose sight of their core values
His success – Receiving hundreds of Christmas cards every year from close friends and people he has helped
His drive – Faith and doing everything with excellence and diligence that makes a difference
His advice – “Remind yourself that your valuable and each of us were made for something special.”
Eddy’s Book recommendations:
How to reach Eddy:
LinkedIn: Eden Green Technology
Some of the links in this post are affiliate links and if you go through them to make a purchase, we will earn a nominal commission at no cost to you. We offer links to items recommended by our podcast guest as a service to our audience and these items are not selected because of the commission we receive from your purchases. The decision is yours, and whether you decide to buy something is completely up to you.