575: Josh Krenz on Farming Sensors and Data.
Examining the science of farming.
In This Podcast:
Imagine if farmers could predict annual weather patterns to maximize resource efficiency and eliminate crop failures, yet this seems far from possible. However, Josh Krenz works with a company that creates devices to collect farming data and essentially facilitates farmers’ ability to “predict the future”. Listen in to learn about what types of data is collected, how EarthScout sensors maximize efficiency for farmers, and the differences in results of crops that used farming sensors.
Don’t Miss an Episode!!
Click HERE to sign up for regular podcast updates
Josh is the Chief Commercial Officer at EarthScout, a global company based in Minnesota offering technology to support science-minded growers. Josh’s agriculture business and marketing knowledge extends to both domestic and international markets in the areas of precision agriculture, nutrients, agricultural inputs, plant growth regulators, seed, and animal health. In addition to his responsibilities at EarthScout, he is the Founder/CEO of Vivid Life Sciences, a sustainable plant physiology company, as well as the Co-founder/President of Windland Flats, a grass-fed beef brand and farm.
Listen in and learn about:
- Josh’s revolutionary solutions at Vivid Life Sciences
- What is EarthScout
- How many different farming sensors are available
- What kind of farming metrics are tracked
- Why do farming sensors maximize crop efficiency
- What is the problem with crop irrigation
- The importance of CO2 measurement for growing in greenhouses
- Why do strawberries need to be “water stressed”
- How does managing water save money and electricity
As well as:
His childhood memory – Growing up on a farm and eating home made refrigerator pickles
His advice – “You can’t stop reaching out and connecting to people, it’s what makes us human.”
How to reach Josh: