Who Own Our Seeds?
Take Control of Your Food and Health
- Grow an abundance of unique varieties of fruits and veggies that are more delicious than you’ve ever tasted before.
- Understand why foods grown from your own seeds are PACKED with nutrients that support your health.
- Dispel the myths people tell you about seed saving (hint: it’s easy, and even beginning gardeners can do it).
- Understand where your food comes from so that you can be in control of what you eat. If you’re a foodie like us, you care about your food and its origins. We believe everyone should have the right to this information.
- Know what happens to your favorite seeds when they disappear from catalogs, and what you can do about it.
Faculty: Bill McDorman is an Urban Farm U faculty member, seed expert, and Executive Director and co-founder of the Rocky Mountain Seed Alliance (RockyMountainSeeds.org), SeedSave.org, and Seed School. Bill has been teaching seed saving for decades and is dedicated to educating communities about the value of seed saving and local seeds as the foundation of local food.