Trent Lindsey on Converting to Plant Based Nutrition.
Chronicling the transition to a vegan lifestyle and helping educate others.
– – – –
Trent is the founder of GoPlantBased.info: a website and blog on a mission to improve our world, one healthy person at a time. His blog educates his readers on the health benefits of a Plant Based Lifestyle. He is devoted to fighting against preventable dietary diseases such as cardiovascular disease, cancer, stroke and diabetes, to name a few.
He and his family have enjoyed the benefits of a Plant Based Lifestyle since January, 2016. Since then, he has immersed himself in the teachings of the Mastering Raw Food Nutrition program led by Drs. Rick and Karin Dina. He enjoys sharing his journey to health with others and has a passion for educating omnivores, vegetarians and vegans alike on the basics of nutrition.
In This Podcast: We hear from Trent Lindsey about what it was like to convert to a plant based diet or lifestyle. Choosing to go vegan can seem intimidating, however Trent is helping others understand by sharing this journey and opening up about the transition and what he has experienced as he and his family made the change.
Listen in and learn about:
- His belief in the concept “everything happens for a reason”
- Finding a video online for Jake Mace and becoming convinced
- His ‘closet’ diet change and why he did not tell anyone what he was doing
- Making a trial change to plant based once he had his support system on board
- The initial changes that he saw
- His top three reasons that made the most sense for him to change to a plant based diet
- What he was doing with GoPlantBased – which is a chronical of his journey converting to a plant based diet
- The year-long course he took that helped give him a better education on a plant based lifestyle
- How personal considerations are included in the spectrum of diets
- Three important concepts of nutrition:
- – spectrum of dietary options
- – calorie density
- – understanding macronutrients: protein, fat, and carbohydrates
As well as:
- His failure – Managing his alcohol intake, which he is now successfully avoiding with the plant based diet
- His success – His family, with his wife and two boys; being open minded to try new things
- His drive – Being able to help and coach people
- His advice – Switching to a plant based diet is really a lifestyle change, not a restrictive diet
Trent’s Book recommendations:
The Pleasure Trap: Mastering the Hidden Force that Undermines Health & Happiness – Douglass Lisle and Alan Goldhamer
How to reach Trent: