ATTENTION!! ATTENTION!! This has been UPDATED with new weekends!
WE ARE OPENING THIS FRIDAY and SATURDAY!!
We are very excited to get this year’s Fruit Tree Program Pop-up Nursery open for tree pick-up. If you pre-ordered this year, here is what you need to know to come and claim your fruit trees- with a special note for Avocados!
PHASE I is open. Most of the deciduous trees and tropicals have arrived and we will be open for the next three Fridays and Saturdays from 9am to 3pm for pick-up.
Scroll down for dates, times, location and other important information.
First of all, we expect we will have a VERY nice selection of extras which includes any unsold items from the pre-sale:
• Stone Fruit: peaches, apricots and plums
• Apples: Anna and Dorsett Golden
• Grapes & berries
• Figs & olives
• Blueberry Bundle – (needs special care see shopping cart for details)
• Tropicals: guavas, sapotes & loquats (still awaiting delivery)
• Hops for brewing
• Strawberries – Bare Root
• Asparagus- Bare Root
• Aravaipa Avocados – (beautiful, but need special care first couple years – and, please do not plan on transporting these in the back of a truck -they are sensitive to bumps, root tearing, and wind whipping.)
• A variety of starter plants for your garden
• Several new Soil Amendments, including worm castings and mycorrhizae and a selection of soil amendments to make your own Mace Mix
• Of course bagged items like premium potting soil (with compost), fertilizer, cactus mix for the blueberries, and a great Urban Farm Tree Well Composted Mulch mix of top mulch
In February, we will have a large variety of citrus including:
• Oranges, Lemons, Limes,
• Tangerines, Mandarins
The fruit trees will arrive in to the valley in two waves:
– The deciduous items (apples, stone fruit, figs, grapes, berries, olives, and pomegranates) will be available for pickup starting in JANUARY and the avocados. The tropical items (guavas, loquats, etc) will be arriving sometime in JANUARY.
– The citrus items and date palms will be arriving sometime in late FEBRUARY. We will post updates when they are ready.
Any items not reserved/pre-sold will be sold as first come – first served, with no guarantees any individual items will be available in February or March.
Lot dates and hours – FRIDAYS and SATURDAYS only: (Subject to change depending on weather, inventory, etc.)
Phase I – Deciduous and Tropicals
• Friday, Jan 20th – 9am to 3pm – OPENING DAY!!!
• Saturday, Jan 21st – 9am to 3pm
• Friday Jan 27th- 9am to 3pm
• Saturday, Jan 28th – 9am to 3pm
• Friday, Feb 3rd – 9am to 3pm
• Saturday, Feb 4th – 9am to 3pm
Phase II – Tomatoes, Veggie Starters and Garden Education
• Friday, Feb 17th – 9am to 3pm
• Saturday, Feb 18th – 9am to 3pm
• Friday, Feb 24th – 9am to 3pm
• Saturday, Feb 25th – 9am to 3pm
Phase III – Citrus and Dates
• Friday, Mar 10th – 9am to 3pm
• Saturday, Mar 11th – 9am to 3pm
• Friday, Mar 17th – 9am to 3pm
• Saturday, Mar 18th – 9am to 3pm
The pickup address for all your trees on the days listed above is:
4549 N 7th Street, Phx, AZ 85014 (Use 731 E Meadowbrook for your GPS,)
This is a nondescript white building/warehouse on the South East Corner of Meadowbrook and 7th Street – Look for the fruit tree signs on the building.
Parking is on the side streets only.
THIS IT NOT THE URBAN FARM ITSELF, but a building we borrow for this event.
Call 602-248-9256 for directions – this is a land line.
Thank you, and just for fun we are currently working on some more surprises to add to the program along the way.
We look forward to seeing you all and sending you home with some incredible trees.
Your Urban Farmer