525: David Chan on Regenerative Agriculture.
Seeking climate change solutions through sustainable farming investments.
In This Podcast:
Want a way to combat climate change and make a good financial investment? David Chan explains the social and financial benefits of agricultural real estate investing. The FarmTogether system brings farm families together with investors for a stronger countrywide self-sufficient food system. He also explains the organic agriculture value chain, how regenerative agriculture processes builds soil health, the Patagonia competition, and the TerraTone Challenge. Don’t Miss an Episode!! Click HERE to sign up for regular podcast updates
Our Guest:David is the Co-Founder and COO of FarmTogether, and he has spent several years working in the organic agriculture value chain. Before forming FarmTogether, David was a senior private equity associate at AMERRA Capital Management, where he worked closely with one of the fund’s portfolio companies having a focus on supply chains in sustainable agriculture and serving the US organic grains market. David also worked with SLM Partners, PGIM Ag Equity Investments, and was a finalist in Patagonia’s first graduate case competition on scaling regenerative agriculture.
Listen in and learn about:
- Becoming an implementor for climate change solutions
- Investing in agricultural land as real estate and the social and financial benefits
- What it takes to become an investor in agriculture
- How FarmTogether educates on opportunities and solutions they bring for farming families and investors
- The astonishing percent of farm land predicted to change ownership over the next 20 years
- Why the US needs farmland to maintain self-sufficient food production
- The organic agriculture value chain, what it is and how it works
- How regenerative organic agriculture builds soil health each time you farm
- Processes that create regenerative agriculture
- Patagonia’s annual agriculture competition
- The Indigo Ag TerraTone Challenge to sequester carbon using regenerative practices
As well as:
His failure – Struggling with Physics class in college and overcoming the challenge.
His success – Finding a niche career that allows him to follow his passion.
His drive – The real way that we can combat climate change.
His advice – Never give up and be resilient. Check in with yourself regularly about the track you are on.
David’s post/recipe on our Blog***Coming Soon***
David’s Book recommendations*:
How to reach David:
LinkedIn: David Chan